April 11, 2019. There are THREE scholarships of $1,000 CDN towards the cost of the workshop available for postgraduate students. If you would like to be considered for one of these scholarships, please state why you should be selected in your application. Decision by the organizers is final, and successful applicants will be informed by the beginning of May.
Taming the BEAST is a workshop focused on BEAST2, an open-source
software package for Bayesian phylogenetic analyses of molecular
sequences. The workshop consists of invited talks, lectures and hands-on
tutorials by leading experts in the field. The aim of the workshop is
to equip participants with the skills and core knowledge to confidently
perform phylogenetic and phylodynamic analyses of their own. It is open
to graduate students and scientists interested in the analysis of
genomic data and molecular evolution.
Coming soon. Please consult the programme page for the latest information which can be found at taming-the-beast.org/workshops/. Please also note the list of required software that will need to be installed on your computer prior to the workshop.
- Alexei Drummond, University of Auckland
- Remco Bouckaert, University of Auckland
- Jūlija Pečerska, ETZ Zürich
- Louis du Plessis, University of Oxford
- Joëlle Barido-Sottani, Iowa State University
- Claudia Solis-Lemus, Emory University
- David Rasmussen, NC State University
- Huw Ogilvie, Rice University
Location & Venue
Squamish British Columbia provides a unique blend of rugged landscapes, stunning views and West Coast culture. Within minutes of town, you can ride mountain bike trails, hike in coastal rain forests, and climb gigantic granite monoliths. You’re also less than an hour from either Vancouver or Whistler, so there’s a little something for everyone. exploresquamish.com
Named one of Canada’s most beautiful campuses, Quest University offers stunning views, trails and a cafe with floor-to-ceiling windows, and a serene setting perched high above the town of Squamish. questu.ca
Application (Deadline April 30th, 2019)
Spaces are limited. Apply by sending your CV, as well as a short description (max 450 words) of your research interests and why you would like to attend the workshop to email@example.com
Participants will be contacted directly in late April for registration and payment. All payment options include most meals.
- $1,000 CDN Plan your own accommodations
- $1,250 CDN 5 nights accommodation at the Peaks, Quest University in a private room with shared bathroom
- $1,450 CDN 5 nights accommodation at the Peaks, Quest University in a private room with private bathroom
- $1,520 CDN 5 nights accommodation at the Riverside, Quest University in 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom condominium (3 person max occupancy)
For additional information on housing, please consult questu.ca/student-life/campus-life/housing/
Get in Touch
We are committed to ensuring you have an enjoyable and productive workshop. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch directly with Francois (Frank) Cholette, JC Wilt Infectious Diseases Research Centre and Jeffrey Joy, BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS.
Copyright Taming the BEAST eh! 2019 – All rights reserved